Saturday, February 11, 2012

best wishes (stamping with markers)



I love to stamp with markers.  The kids have collected so many over the years and there are some great colors that I just don't have in inkpads. 

This Botanical Silhouettes stamp from Papertrey which I got in a prize package from sweet Barb at Kinsale Creations is perfect for this technique.  And the sketches on Nichole's blog speak my language.  I chose Sketch #2.



And the colors from Lily Pad's challenge:




I stamped the Clouds BG in faint gray (can't hardly see can you?), then the main image.  Attached it to PP and added decorative stitching.  Heat embossed the sentiment on recycled vellum and attached with glue dots that I hid behind some big bling.  Added lovely detail to the inside and hope to bring happiness to my girlfriend's upcoming bday.



Which leads me to ask... how do you send cards with embellishments through the mail?  Are these gemstones a problem?  I've had a couple cards never reach the recipient (nor have they come back to me) and wonder why that is...


Supplies:
Paper: Neenah; PP Basic Grey
Stamps: BG clouds (Hero Arts); other (PTI)
Ink:  markers; black Versafine
Other:  thread, bling, embossing powder, pinking shears



3 comments:

Barb said...

I love the way this turned out! It has such a pretty watercolor effect! Thanks for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards!

Barb said...

this is beautiful! what great use of the set. looks like you painted it with watercolors...i love any card with stitching and the bling is just perfect...not too big :) check this video from hero arts...great tips for mailing cards with embellies :)
http://youtu.be/8_-xFRhyTug

Riette said...

This is stunning!!! I'm always too lazy to get the sewing machine out ... it adds SUCH a great look to your card. Thank you for joining my anniversary give-away too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...