Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Whiteboard (upcycle picture frame)

Needed a little something for a friend's birthday.  He's involved in a lot and has to stay organized.  I decided he needed one of my TO DO whiteboards ;)  Like here.  Only question was how to make it masculine.

Enter the photo at For Your Inspiration.



Is that not gorgeous?  The blue and white is so typical for Greek islands, but combined with the sky-blue-pink sky.  Wow.

Add to the fact that this friend is a fan of the North Sea which is famous for its tidal flats.  Note my repurposing of my zebra BG stamp.


Used acrylic paint for the entire project.  Painted and stamped the frame.  Streaked white CS with white paint and stamped with various stamps to create an abstract beach scene.  Attached hook to hang with.  Reassembled.  Then I made these:



Instead of wasting excess paint I made the tag to attach to the wrapped present.  Notice the water.  It's a sideways "d" - the last letter I stamped on the frame.  TIP:  To get good spacing when stamping letters, stamp the top and bottom ones first, then the letters in between.

The whiteboard marker I wrapped with wrapping paper attached with double-sided tape.

I wasn't sure if it would go over well.  DS said to me "What's that supposed to be?  An antique ipad?"  But friend opened the present,  took the lid off the pen and wrote.  Cook.  Clean.  Iron.  And handed it to his wife.  Snot!

Apologies for the lousy photos.  Couldn't redo them this morning since it's already in his possession.

Thanks for your visit.


Supplies :
Paper: CS recycled
Stamps: letters Technique Tuesday, BG Rubbernecker, circles Artemio, sentiment on tag WMS
Ink:acrylic paints
Other: frame & pen Dollar Store

7 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Maria - this is a fabulous project, and a very useful one! Your abstract interpretation of the photo is brilliant.
Thank you for joining in the fun at FYI - I hope we will see you again next time.
Sylvia x

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Cool project, Maria! I'm so glad you added your name to the Moxie Fab World Blog Roll! I look forward to visiting from time to time! :)

karen h said...

Cool project! Love the abstract beach scene! Thanks for playing with us at FYI!

dstandard said...

Lovely job with the photo challenge! Thanks for playing at FYI!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love your tag! Thanks for joining in with FYI!

Rochelle Sodipo said...

way to get crafty! Thanks for playing along with us at FYI!

Michelle said...

Cook. Clean. Iron? I hope she handed it right back to him, LOL! Great project! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...