Friday, August 24, 2012

CAS and fully loaded (Moxie Fab)

Hi followers.  Remember me?  Not surprised if the answer is no.  What started as a wonderful month-long vacation back in the good ol' USA continued into three more relaxing weeks of summer break back in Germany and then a couple more weeks of decluttering both my house and my brain.  And I ain't done yet.

Simplify.  My new word.

To make a long story short, I'm reading "Steve Jobs" and loving it.  What a stinker he could be, but what a genius!  Anyhoo, one of the company's first advertising slogans was a DaVinci quote

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."

Wow.  How true.

As for my house, imagine you have two teenagers, boy and girl, and you've never gotten rid of their clothes.  Get the picture?  22 garbage bags full in my attic (the problem of having space).  Can you feel those 22 bags weighing on my shoulders?  That was my project last week - either find neighbors who would like things or give them away.  Simplify.

As for my brain, I've been all over the board as a cardmaker.  CAS or fully loaded shabby chic (not that I can really pull off either).   Can't seem to decide what I want to be when I grow up ;)  Which has also led to an accumulation of  stash.  As in piles of "maybe I'll need that scrap/TP roll/piece of cardboard one day" all over my laundry room.  Feel that on my shoulders too?

So.  It's pretty simple actually (no pun intended).  Ya know how you like a lot of cards you see out there in blogland.  But there are those precious few which you actually love.  They catch your eye when you glance over the InLinkz thumbnails - like, wow.  For me, it's the truly CAS beauties.  So now I know what I want to be when I grow up.  Clean and simple.  In my house and my cardmaking brain.  And I'm pretty certain it's gonna be quite a challenge.

And that wasn't very short either, was it?  Sorry.  Here's my CAS card for the Repetition challenge over at Moxie Fab.


Lotsa white space plus one of my fave techniques - heat embossing then distress inking.  Then punching.  Voila!

It's nice to be back.  Thanks for looking.  Happy Friday!



Supplies thanks again:
Paper: CS Neenah
Stamps:   CHF, Prima
Ink: Versamark, Distress Ink, Versafine
Tools: circle punch EKS, butterfly punch Martha Stewart
Other:  embossing powder, brad, scoring stylus

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

I think you've chosen the right style, Maria! A beautiful card!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hello Maria! I've missed you! Was thinking of you today and wanted to pop in and say hello. Sounds like you've done yourself (and your house) a world of good with the vacations and decluttering. That's so necessary for me to feel good, too. Well done getting rid of all those clothes!

Love your CAS card. :) I think Cath of MFW will too!

Darnell said...

Fun post (which I Phil O. Sophically agree with!!) and delightful card! Thanks for coming over to visit me and sharing some love, which brought me here to your very enjoyable blog! Cool how that works.

Lindsey said...

Beautiful card! I ♥ those punched music-embossed butterflies. :) And while I'm CAS in my cardmaking, I am so not in my house and life, so good for you! Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Have a great weekend.

Geri said...

Love this card! Haven't those mini tutorials been enlightening? I'm thinkin' that I gotta get me one of them 'struction books!!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and taking the time to comment on my Minty Fresh card!

I have just spent an enjoyable 1/2 hour reading your posts....you definitely have a talent for creating AND writing! I chuckled and giggled all the way through! Your posts are so entertaining and down-to-earth honest. Something we can all relate too!

This will definitely not be my last visit! Happy crafting!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Love this cas design and bold colour combo! Good luck with the decluttering... it'll be worth it!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for linking this up to the Repetition Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...