Tuesday, February 5, 2013

thump (PS, ATCAS, KIS, SSS, TPE)

Don't make a lot of lovey dovey cards... This is as gushy as I get.


I do love the humor in Paper Smooches stamp sets!  The inside reads "i'm in love".  Decided upon the design of frog on a log and stamped Mr. Frog in his spot with the sentiment at his feet.  Had to give him a heat embossed gold crown.  Of course.  Ever seen a frog without a crown?  Added PP strip to the bottom and the dry embossed woodgrain piece with two cross-stitches with dimensional adhesive.  Added the two red hearts and two green blings to balance things out and make a triangle (I do remember some of what I learned in Moxie Fab design school).

Challenges I'm parking at:
Paper Smooches Sparks - Feb 4 Trend Watch polka dots
Addicted to CAS - #5 Hearts
Keep it Simple - #6 Dry Embossing
The Pink Elephant - #185 for my red/white color choice
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes (cuz 1120 is my lucky number ;)

Happy Mardi Gras week.  Off to another "Sitzung-gucken-dass-ist-schwer"...



Supplies for thump:
Paper:CS Neenah, PP October Afternoon
Stamps: Paper Smooches
Ink : Versacolor, sentiment Versafine
Tools: embossing folder Craft Concepts
Other: twine, embossing powder, bling

17 comments:

Suzanne Russell said...

Hi Maria! Thanks for leaving your sweet comment on my blog-so glad it led me back to yours! I love your artistic style (yes, I looked at a lot of your cards just now) My eye always goes to the details such as the little x's stitched on that lovely, wavy embossed strip at the bottom of your card. The placement of the green rhinestones and the wonky gold embossed crown...well it all made me smile.

Carolin said...

Ein Träumchen!
Man sieht das viel zu selten, dass die PS-Motive NICHT coloriert sind - dabei ist das soooo schön!
Deine Details sind der Hammer, die beiden X, die Krone...
Vielen Dank für's Mitmachen bei KEEP IT SIMPLE!,
Mia

Kylie said...

Love the frog!! Love the humour and perfectly CAS. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

Geri said...

Oh, my...this is stinkin' cute!!! The embossed woodgrain log border is genius and looks so awesome on this in the white. I have to get some of these stamps...every time I see them I smile! LOVE em, and LOVE this!!!

cheiron said...

Clean simple and sweet. Love the bling on the frog! Thank you for playing along with the Anything Goes challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

Unknown said...

Fabulous design! I love the white on white accents, the woodgrain strip and the placement of the sentiment. Oh! Almost forgot...LOVE his crown...the best frogs wear crowns ;)

Annette said...

Hi Maria. Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments. I love this card as it really appeals to my sense of humour, and I'm not a slushy sentimental girl either, so it scores a big plus with me. Love all the little details. Off to browse your blog some more x

Unknown said...

Ein schönes simples Kärtchen hast du da gezaubert, mit so vielen schönen kleinen Details. Ich kann mich Mia auch nur anschließen: der Frosch sieht so uncoloriert total super aus.
LG Anja

Loll said...

Hi Maria. So fun!! Love your frog ... especially with the gold crown! Great texture with the embossing and cross-stitches. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS. Loll

Darnell said...

Thud! This is so pinned! I LOOOVE froggies. You could also join the fairytale fun at CASology where frogs are ruling!

alexandra s.m. said...

Hello Maria!
I just love your card, its design, the big negative space does so much to showcase that beauticul frog and the various texture!
Thank You!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Hahaha, good one! Love the flow, the froggy spots/warts, the stitching, the log strip, and the overall design. Love it, Maria! Also, big congrats on your Moxie Fab win today, so excited for you!!

Christine said...

so many beautiful details but yet so clean! Well done! the stitching and the embossed crown are my highlights!
Thanks for joining us at keep it simple again!
Christine

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria. Fabulous CAS card. Love the detail. One day a prince will come! Thank you for joining in the Addicted to CAS challenge.
Regards Florence x

Nina Yang said...

Love love that embossed strip with stitches, Maria! This card made me hoppy! ;) So glad that you joined us in the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant ... fabulous dimension with the log and stitching and I love the blingy warts! Anita in France :)

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute...love the CAS design! Thanks so much for joining us at The Pink Elephant!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...