Sunday, April 28, 2013

an amusing challenge on sunday (Amusing, CAS Sunday, Dynamic Duos)

Quick break from watercoloring to make a card for two challenges (DH was being a loyal soccer fan which gives me time in my craft room :)

Saw the sketch at CAS on Sunday and stumbled upon the Amusing Challenge where the theme is "Monochromatic".  I pulled out some Amuse Studio product I was lucky to win from CASual Fridays awhile ago and went Burano (that's the name of the orange-y color).

Here's the sketch:



And cuz the colors reminded me of it, I'm hooking up to the current Dynamic Duos #50 challenge too.   This one's going out to a friend with a friend dealing with breast cancer.  So hard to know what to say in such a situation, isn't it?

Thanks for looking again today ;)



Supplies HOPE:
Paper: white CS Neenah, PP Amuse Studio
Stamps: Amuse
Ink : Amuse, Versamark
Tools: embossing folder Craft Concepts, corner rounder
Other: white embossing powder, black marker, cosmetic sponge

10 comments:

~amy~ said...

Very pretty ! I've been hoarding that Amuse cardstock...thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

You're right that is hard to know what to say and when to say it. I think your hand made art will be a huge step towards showing her just how much you are...another gorgeous card Maria. I love the watercolored, embossed corner...lovely

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous, girl!!!! :)

Chris said...

Sweet card (love that you used some A Muse stuff - very cool that you won it!) and I know it will mean a lot to your friend. I always think there is a flurry of activity when one is first ill - and it's important to keep sending notes of support. Thanks for playing with my Amusing Challenge this week...I so appreciate it!

donna mikasa said...

So pretty, Maria! Your card speaks volumes!

shirley-bee said...

Very hard to know what to say in such circumstances, but the sheer act of giving a card sends a big message. Love the butterfly panel.

Unknown said...

Very pretty. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Dynamic Duos.

Anonymous said...

A lovely card in these colors. I am sure this will be appreciated by its recipient. Thank you so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos. ;-)

Shelly said...

WOW! Such a cool card!! :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS on Sunday!

Janneke said...

What a great card ;o)
Thanks for playing with us at CAS on Sunday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...