Sunday, October 6, 2013

WCMD

OK, I must admit before drinking too much wine at the Zwitscherstub, I crafted a bit today after puppy play group in the pouring rain, followed by bathe puppy for  the first time and warm own feet back to normal after two hours in rubber boots.   But the crafting was for submissions.

What I do want to share with you is the birth of my card that I shared over at the Paper Crafts Connection blog for Cath's post on the international aspect of World Card Making Day.

Picture me sitting on the floor dogsitting DP, magazine in hand.  I stumble across this photo:


This is what I love about living in Europe.  I am pretty certain a photo with a color combo like this would not show up in an American mag.  But this spoke to me and became...


Take that purple and violet and mustard and chartreuse and do something with it.  OK, speech bubbles (thanks Avery Elle)  are good at the moment.  And some triangles from Mama Elephant Trifecta. And some heat embossing of a sentiment from Klartext.  And of course some gold CS to brighten things up.

Danke, for looking.


Supplies danke:
Paper: cardbase Bringmann, CS Coredinations and DCWV, recycled gold CS
Stamps: Klartext
Ink:  Distress Ink,, Verxamark
Tools: die Avery Elle
Other bling

5 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Saw this, Maria, over at the PC blog and was thrilled that you were in on this!! Gorgeous colors and love that gold. You must be very excited about being a part of the WCMD. Very cool. Big smiles for you. Bev

Unknown said...

I think you're right! I love these colors but North Americans wouldn't be so daring. We should be though cause it's fabulous. Your card is perfect. I love the colorblocked speech bubble and strip of triangles :)

Taheerah said...

*Amazing* card! I love the patchwork/colourblock look to it and how modern and clean it is too! Great colours!!

Wida said...

I love finding inspiration everywhere. I see the world in cards, you know? And I agree that this is pretty strong for most American households, but wow what a cool card it translates to

Kelly Griglione said...

Yep, very European ... America is too conservative and mainstream for this kind of look. Which is kinda sad, but it is what it is. Love how you constructed your speech bubble. And always love reading your posts : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...