Saturday, April 26, 2014

happy birthday, Cornelia!


It was my teamie's, Cornelia of Stempel Spass, birthday last week and a few of the STAMPlorations girls are wishing her all the best today!


Cornelia made some fabby cards lately using a stencil technique of inking and moving the stencil and inking again and I did the same but with Glimmer Mists in Lemongrass and Sea Glass.  The result is a watercolor effect which is super shimmery as you can see in the close up. And I used the current STAMPlorations sketch #10 but changed it up a little to incorporate a piece of German PP from Scrapbook Werkstatt. Thought Cornelia might appreciate that!  For those of you who don't know, she's German living in the USA and I'm American living in Germany :)   On the PP strip I repeat stamped a cut apart sentiment from VIGNETTE: Chevrons and Arrows.

Happy year, Cornelia and happy weekend everyone.


Supplies for happy day:
Paper:  CS Bringmann, PP Scrapbook Werkstatt
Stamps: STAMPlorations
Ink : Versafine Smoky Gray, Glimmer Mists
Tools: stencil Studio Calico
Other: washi


11 comments:

sandie said...

Great stencil work and what yummy colours x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun bg -- love the repeating word too!

JJ Bolton said...

Wow, that's pretty! Love the look of the stencil on stencil! Have a fantastic weekend Maria!

shirley-bee said...

Wow, love the background - and a fabulous take on the sketch!

Tenia Nelson said...

LURVE this, Miss Lady!!

Michelle said...

Very pretty, Maria!

Irish Cherokee said...

Fab card. Great background.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Maria! I love how you did the background! Those glimmer mists are so cool! (Gotta get me some of those!)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi Maria, - wow this is one fabulous birthday card! LOVE it! Cool stencil and the glimmer mist gave it almost a 3-D effect. Of course I appreciate the German in it :) Also quite a cool interpretation of the STAMPlorations sketch - that one made me scratch my head.....Well, teamie, you made my day! Thank you so much, hugs, Cornelia

Anonymous said...

Wow Maria. Love the shimmer and shaded look. Great take on the sketch too. Also thanks for the inspiration, must give my stencils an outing soon. Have a lovely day. Hugs Monika xxx

Basslady said...

this is so gorgeous!
love the cool look of the technique!

hugs and kisses,
silvi xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...