Thursday, June 19, 2014

14 to go (SSS, paper players, TCEC)

OK, so a bit ago I told Shirley B. that I loved this card of hers, especially that luscious panel in the back. Love the color combo red, pink and purple. It started when I was a kid using up the magenta crayon out of the Crayola box of 64 first. Continued to my choice of sweats in college. And then my bridesmaids' dresses - which were actually inspired by their earrings I saw while descending an escalator at Hudson's, but I digress. At which point Shirley said maybe I need to post a photo of those dresses. Ta daaa!


We're not done yet, folks. I decided to continue invitation production with those colors too. Heck some of the people invited to our party were actually at our wedding way back when! Maybe they remember those colors...

Well I was gonna go the Distress Ink route (think Barn Door/Ripe Persimmon mix, Pick(l)ed Raspberry and Seedless Preserves). But I got lazy. And used up some PP from my stash! And that is a really good thing.

Meet #1.


Eh. Took a couple detours. Die cut the sentiment from the front panel and backed it with purple. But notice the print on the panel is off-center. Bugged me. Rounded a corner. Bugged me even more. Added tabs to the corners (which I now only had three of since I'd punched one off!). Bugged. Added a few... drumroll please... epic-failure-DIY-enamel-dots-now-to-be-called-enamel-donuts. Eh. Added a few hearts from a die cut border and stopped. They're just invitations for Pete's sake!

Cuz it turned out so crazy, I'm parking at Simon Says Stamp Monday - Anything Goes.

Meet #2.


Needed some white space. Minimal, but there. With a scalloped border (remember those?) and some scattered, may I call them "twinkles" for lack of a better word. They were a byproduct of a different border I cut to play with. That was a happy surprise.

I loosely followed this sketch from Paper Players. In honor of their 200th challenge, the DT chose their favorite past challenge and you can choose one of the DT's faves. I chose Sandy's.




#3 needed to have some white space, but I opted to tone it down a bit by stamping with a great stamp, Konnichiwa Floral Blossoms by Hero Arts/Basic Gray. Then I layered on some PPs.


So, now nearly back to my comfort zone, #4 lets the stamp play a bigger role and I just packed a color punch with the die cut and some additional die cut circles.

Modeled (die cuts lower left, stamping upper right) on the lower left card from the graphic of a new challenge in town - The Cutting Edge. Gotta use die cuts. Um, yep.


Hope you're happy, Shirley. I am. 30 down and only 10 to go.


Supplies :
Paper:  cardbase The Paper Studio, PP Marianne Creatables
Stamps: Hero ARts
Ink : Adirondack
Tools: die Dieversions, scalloped die Amuse, heart die PTI, circle die MFT
Other: perler beads turned enamel donuts


21 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at you, the beautiful bride! Beautiful and very unique floral arrangements! Ok, but your epic failure DIY enamel dots made me fall off my chair! Great post!!

wunderschön-gemacht.de said...

wow, so pretty colours! best wishes, dunja

Michelle said...

Maria, this post is fabulous! You made me giggle. I love your wedding photo - very retro with the shift dresses and flowers. I love your crazy card, and the story to go along with it! :-)

Jackie Rockwell said...

I'm loving those enamel donuts! All of your cards are GREAT but I'm partial to the first one. The colors are so vibrant! Maria, I'm so HAPPY that you submitted your cards into The Cutting Edge Guest Designer Challenge!

My Paper Epiphany said...

These are my favourite so far! Add a bit of gold and you'd have Bollywood!

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Maria, nice to meet you, too! Great post, and love what you have made for SOC. I live here in Kaiserswerth, by Düsseldorf. And where do you live? Hugs, Valerie

Shelly said...

Very cool and pretty cards! Love the colors!

Deepti said...

You look so beautiful :) ur cards are so amazing, love the red look

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely selection of cards, great designs and I love the wow pop of colour. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

shirley-bee said...

Wot, no Pick(l)ed Raspberry? But more than made up for by the enamel donuts, trending right here! Fab post, fab photo, fab cards, happy ;)
Do let me know if you need another push...

Shery Russ said...

Well, I love your enamel donuts! And you're a GORGEOUS bride!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

The invites in these colours just rocks Maria! Thank you for sharing your wedding photo--those dresses rocked too!

alexandra s.m. said...

You crack me up!!
What a beautiful bride and I too love these colors.
Great cards Maria!!
Thank You~

Sarah G said...

Great colour combo and wedding photo! I am off to create some enamel donuts.....

donna mikasa said...

That's what I get for visiting every so often. I was wondering "why is Maria using the same die over and over and over". Is she hinting that she wants another die?? Then I backtracked and saw your post on creating 40 invites! Oh, my! I love how they're getting bolder in color and fancier in design! What an awesome undertaking. I hope to see all 40 in a group shot!

donna mikasa said...

p.s. you were a gorgeous bride!

Ann Schach said...

What wonderful cards...and a fun post! I LOVE the fourth card with the gorgeous white space...but then again, I love them all! What a clever way to create 40 different invites! Thanks for joining The Paper Players in our 200th challenge!

Joni Andaya said...

Gorgeous YOU!!! Oh..so love these cards...so bright :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a bright and cheery collection of cards! I love your inspiration photo, too. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players for our 200th challenge! :)

Irish Cherokee said...

WOW Maria! Red hot cards that gradually cool down to a sizzle. COOL. Love them all but I won't touch them. I don't want to burn my fingers. LOL. Great cards.

cm said...

Vibrant, vivacious and gorgeous: you, your bridal party and, of course, you set of cards! I agree with JIm: sizzling hot numbers!!
~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...