Tuesday, February 10, 2015

thanks mother, thanks city crafter

I'm so happy to be joining the lovely ladies at City Crafter Challenge as guest designer this week. What a lovely theme Kirsty has chosen - "Tell someone they matter". Yep. Do it today. Don't wait for tomorrow.


This one's going out to my mom. She's always been there for me. Probably my #1 fan. I'm happy that I'll be seeing her in just a few days when I take a vacation from my family (tee hee hee) to spend some one-on-one time with my folks. And Michigan temperatures.



For my card I pulled out PP from My Mind's Eye and Glitz. Yippie. Only 999.999 more sheets to use up! The heart frame is from the SSS Heart in a Box die. The sentiment is heat embossed from STAMPlorations Bold Sentiments: Hello and paired with a Dymo label. I trapped a wood veneer heart lacquered with red nail polish behind the vellum in the frame and two chevrons covered with gold glitter Smooch up in the left corner. And added some lovely yellow sequins.

Thanks so much for having me, City Crafter.

15 comments:

Hannelie said...

I LOVE how the graphic B&W and florals creates contrast Maria! Fab creation!

Anita in France said...

Congratulations on your GD spot, Maria! Fabulous card ... the balance between the pretty background florals and the diagonal stripes is wonderful ... and the little trapped-in-the-vellum heart is perfect next to that soft blue striped one ... sweet! Happy and safe travelling, my friend! Anita :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Congrats Maria on your Guest DT. Love this card for your mom, I bet she loves it. How lovely that you are going to visit her--enjoy!

Susan (rainy) said...

A wonderful and beautiful tribute to your mother... What a great theme for the challenge.

Ros Crawford said...

It's so lovely to have you with us this week at CCCB! And what a splendid card for your mum ... So very pretty!

Samra said...

What a gorgeous card you made!!! Love the colors and every little detail on it!! It is great to have you this week at CCCB!
Samra DT

Cindy Lovell said...

Congrats on your Guest DT! Glad you get to spend some time with your Mom!!
Your card is so beautiful!! Love the colors!!

Stella said...

This card shows your talents and it's so good to have you with us at CCCB this week as a GD. I love the modern patterned paper; and laughed when I read there are just 999.999 more papers to go. I am with you :)
Your card is gorgeous; I'm sure your mum will love it!

Ellen H. said...

Nice card again I love it :)

shirley-bee said...

This is so pretty! Congrats on the GD spot, and enjoy your escape!

Kara Lynne said...

Congrats on guest designing this week! I love the combination of the various diagonal stripes with that pretty floral! Have fun in Michigan!

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful card...love all your pretty elements, just beautiful.

Unknown said...

We are very happy to be a small part of your artistic efforts and are looking forward to your future projects.

Warm regards,

Paul
Dymo Customer Service

I Card Everyone said...

maria!!! Thanks for sharing the gorgeous card, and your beautiful thoughts about your mom... I think she's pretty lucky to have you, too! Do you still have my number? Coffee in Michigan?
=] Michele

Deepti said...

Congrats on your GD spot , love this happy springy card :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...