Sunday, March 1, 2015

CASEplorations march


It's the first of the month so time once again for a dose of CASEplorations from the STAMPlorations Inspiration DT. This month we have CASEd the one and only Loll Thompson of Stamping with Loll - a worker of wonders with stencils and white space. This is the gorgeous card of Loll's which we are CASEing.

source: Loll Thompson


Hang on to your hats. Here is my CASE.


Whaaaaaat? you ask. Well, take another look at Loll's card. It's got red, gold, green and white and black. It's got embossing paste. It's got circles and a gold die cut. It's got candles and leaves. So does my card :)

I stamped the cake from STAMPlorations Sketched: Birthday Cake in red. Watercolored some of the frosting red. Used a Sharpie to color the candles red and the flames yellow (plus gave them a Wink of Stella too). Die cut the wreath (Poppystamps Chocitlan Wreath) from gold CS and adhered it. Stamped the sentiment (PTI Keep it Simple: Birthday) and the wonky dots (Aha Arts Geometric Borders). Then I used an old Pink Paislee stencil and white embossing paste slightly overlapping the green dots.

I'm callin' it a CASE! Hope you agree. And I hope you will join us. CASE any DT card from the Inspiration posts during March and link it up on the CASEplorations Playground. You could be the random winner of a $15 GC!

9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

That is one really pretty wreath! So delicate looking~

Julie B said...

Love how you got to your CASE, I think I'm sometimes too literal. :)

Anita in France said...

So fun, Maria ... love how your mind works ... and love that delicate gold wreath too! Anita :)

Deepti said...

Wow! I love this beauty... I wish I made something like this :D

Monika Skinner said...

Delicate and beautiful. Love the golden wreath. Very inspired CASE! X

My Paper Epiphany said...

Fabulous CASE! Love your fun card!

Kara Lynne said...

A CASE can go anywhere you want, and I love where yours went! Wonderful card!

Loll said...

I love how you think!! :) Great combination of elements and colours. So fun!! Loll xx

Kelly Griglione said...

You are a thinker, I love that!! So fun to match up the elements between your two cards. Lots of the same elements but a completely different look. It's a really darn good card on its own, but extra special when you can see where it came from.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...