Monday, October 12, 2015

STAMPlorations inspiration #42

Ready for more inspiration from Dee's fun Santa images from Santa is Here?



I was completely and totally inspired by Virginia's current challenge titled "All Things Colored". And you say to yourself, "What? She didn't even color anything!" True. But I wanted to show how important color is and the effect it can have on us.

First, what do you think of when you see red and green? I bet 99% of you would answer that with "Christmas". Talk about powerful, that stuff called color.

And second, notice how that bit of super strong color along the edge of my otherwise white card absolutely forces your eye to the black sentiment. And then you notice the simple Santa sharing his present with you. I seriously debated coloring the ribbon on the present metallic gold, but I think that would have ruined the effect.

BTW, I created that strip of color by sponging various red, yellow and green Adirondack dye inks through ARTplorations Just Squares stencil.

Hope you enjoyed. Wanna CASE my card? Please do, and hook up at the CASEplorations Inspiration Playground for October.

I'm hooking up at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday's - CAS Christmas.


One more look at that luscious color before you go ;) Have a great day.




11 comments:

SD pooja said...

Loved the bold colored blocks..

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun stamped border

Shelly said...

CUUUTE!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun!

Ruth said...

Gorgeous! And you are so right about colour!! Love how Santa is not coloured in. Makes the colours stand out even more xx

Anita in France said...

Now that was worth waiting for, Maria ... LOVE those gorgeous blocks of yummy colour amid all that delicious white space and with the white Santa! Yep, think I may be one of the 1%ers ... can I choose more than just one thing for that powerful red and green colour combo (tee hee)? Hugs, Anita :)

shirley-bee said...

Those coloured shapes remind me of jujubes! Fab CAS Christmas card - I like the contrast of bright colour against the b/w image and sentiment.

Happy Dance said...

The bits of bright, rich color look delicious. Reminds me of gourmet candies sitting on the edge of your card. Or like some stained glass windows I saw in a FLW chapel in Florida. Love all that white space too. And in just a sec, I'm headed over to look more closely at that stamp set... Great card. Bev

Suchi said...

This card is so catchy...I loved those bold blocks...and wonderful coloring! :)
Suchi xx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous CAS Christmas card Maria! The colours really "pop" and little Santa is so cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Virginia L. said...

Brilliantly done and said....love this, Maria! Wish we could all solve the coloring problem like Maria!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...