Monday, February 1, 2016

CASEplorations february

Well welcome to the month of LOVE ♥

Living in Germany I don't see lots of LOVE day stuff happening, although I must admit there is a bit more hype now than there was 20 years ago. I'm a Michigan gal and Valentine's wasn't necessary a big deal there either. But I did experience Valentine's Day in Myrtle Beach back when my folks were doing the snowbird thang, and boy is there a lot of LOVE happening down there!

Enough of that. We have a super clean and bright love card for you this month at CASEplorations. It's from the queen of clean and bright and linen cardstock! My blogland pal, the lovely Anita in France is joining us as our guest this month. Wonder if Valentine's Day is big in the land of amour!?!


I locked in on her design elements of hearts and warm colors. And her big love sentiment. And although Anita's card is pretty CAS, I went even CASer. With this stamp set.




I die cut the heart from the card front and the next largest heart from scrap paper. Used the negative as a mask on the inside and stamped the area full of hearts and blooms using tiny images from Frames and Flowers. I used all the warm color Amuse pigment inks that I own! Added a couple black hearts for interest. Learned that in this class.

A Paper Smooches die cut from vellum stitched on the outside and a PTI sentiment on the inside finished off my birthday-card-disguised-as-a-love-card project.


Please check out Anita's card and those of my teamies here. And join us in CASEing Anita this month, won't you? (Regardless of how you feel about Valentine's Day ;)

Joining the fun at:
Uniko Challenge #28
AAA Cards #57

Share Joy - #20 I've gone Clean and Simple
Just Us Girls - Tic Tac Toe (I've used die cuts, stamps and flowers)


19 comments:

SD pooja said...

I-N-T-E-R-E-S-T-I-N-G !!!

Mac Mable said...

Clever take on the Love theme with the birthday sentiment. Very pretty card, loving the colours and the stitching through the sentiment x

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty with the color against the white! Fun sewing too

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So pretty - love the stitched on LOVE!

Chriss Blagrave said...

LOVE your case on Anita's card!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Thanks for the link change - I just discovered it does not work (and I have finally figured out why...just took me a few years...) while you are at it - change Kim's too.

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous clean and CAS design! Love the stamped heart - thought it was patterned paper till I read the description. Great idea to stitch the vellum die.

Nancy said...

Love Love Love this card!! Thanks for joining us for Wild Card Week at Just Us Girls!

Melissa L. said...

Ooooo, gorgeous CASE of Anita's card, Maria. :) Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards. Great to see you over there. :) Melissa

Anita in France said...

Gaspingly gorgeous, Maria! Your stamped heart is so pretty and chock full of yummy colour ... so stunning with all that delicious crisp white! Love the stitched vellum sentiment ... so stylish! Thanks so much for your lovely words ... and for such an awesome CASE! Hugs, Anita :)

Ah, oui, Le Saint Valentin en France ... not what you'd expect for the land of amour!!

Ina G said...

Lovely cas card. Thanks for with us at Just Us Girls this week.

Cori said...

SUPERSCHÖN! Ich steh ja voll auf Deine Karten ... ;) Viele Grüße von *Cori

Darnell said...

Anita, is that YOU?! You have TOTALLY captured Anita's classy and clean style with this scrumptious CASEd card of love, Maria! I am WOWED!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Coralynn Murray said...

A simple design with a huge impact! I love the stitching detail on the front with the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous! Love the white on white & window & such vibrant colours inside x Lindsey Uniko DT

Jill V said...

Beautiful! An amazing take on Anita's card - the hearts and flowers you stamped have a wonderful warm feel and I love the line of stitching through the die cut! Thanks so much for playing along at AAA Cards! Jill

Deborah Frings said...

What a wonderful CASE of Anita's card! I love the pretty flower heart inside and the heart window too. So perfectly CAS! Thanks so much for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge at Uniko this month! Deborah, DT.

BTW - You'd love Michigan today - very, very wintery, -3F this morning with a maximum today of 17F (that's -19C and -8C).

Ceal said...

Fun card! thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

Beverley said...

Awesome technique and love how you stitched through the die cut. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...