Tuesday, July 19, 2016

STAMPlorations inspiration #86

Summer slump got you down? Check out the inspiration from the DT over at STAMPlorations to get your mojo moving again. You might want to don your sunglasses for my project...


I planned my design, where the focal image would be, and then die cut Word Dies Birthday from the black panel. Then I used Texturized Big Numbers to heat emboss (in multiple colors of WOW embossing powder) the focal image. Lastly I selectively inked "happy" from Big on Words Mom and heat embossed it silver.

Added a strip of washi across the bottom of a gray cardbase before adhering the panel. I glued the little bits and pieces of the word die back in place and voila!

Funny thing about this card... the middle embossing powder is actually hot pink. But the "hot" kinda disappeared on the black I guess. So my card took a turn from feminine and now I think it's got a masculine vibe!

Remember to leave a comment over on the blog after you've checked out my teamies' projects. You could win yourself a $10 GC to the STAMPlorations shop ;) Have a good one.

I'm squeaking in over at Stempelkueche where it's about alphas and numerics.


And at WOW Embossing powder - these colored powders were part of a set I won last year.


10 comments:

Suchi said...

Wow!! What a cool card! LOVE the sentiment style, the different embossed digits and addition of that washi! :)
Suchi xx

Mac Mable said...

What an eye catching card. Love the techniques and the layout is fabulous..Thank you for the inspiration.

Tee said...

I love the effect that the hot pink created! Gives it more interest. Gorgeous card!

Martha said...

Maria, this is such a FUN design!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this fun birthday card design. Great colors too.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great grunge look

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so cool!

Mimi Zitrone said...

Super gelungen, die Karte! Danke für deine Teilnahme bei der Stempelküche-Challenge! LG Biggi

Kim Heggins said...

This is so amazing...just love the incredible look you created with those numbers! Simply fabulous.

Birka said...

wow, mehrfarbig embosst!!!! Genial!!!! Ist ein super Effekt!! :-) Vielen Dank fürs Mitmachen bei unserer Stempelküche-Challenge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...