Monday, June 12, 2017

a happy day - rainbowed

I've always loved me a rainbow. And then Laura Jane's daughter proclaimed that everything looks better "rainbowtized". I agree completely!

You might remember this cake card. So when I pulled out my second new stamp from Concord and 9th, it got rainbowed with Distress Inks and a paintbrush.


I actually intended to play with Where Creativity meets C9 Floral challenge, but alas it's over! The new challenge is about Layers so I'm going to claim that these cake layers fit the theme ;) And I'm playing over at The Flower Challenge too.


And then, because the layers of the cake image reminded me of the Altenew June challenge photo, I watercolored the layers with mauve and purple tones and the blooms with a bit of white and Wink of Stella.


The XXL heat embossed sentiment gives this simple one-layer design a little kick.


I'm taking both these cards over to Happy Little Stampers Watercolour...



And because Sunday's sky was just so darn gorgeous, I'll leave you with this...









17 comments:

Hannelie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

Mac Mable said...

Absolutely love both of these but the first one and the rainbow colours is amazing x

Lisa Kind said...

Gorgeous cards!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Great card! I really like how vibrant the colors are on the very specific areas!

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous! I'm particularly taken with the bold colors of the first. Layered cake, layered colors on flowers...works for me! So glad you joined us at Where Creativity Meets C9!

Anita in France said...

Lovely mauve and purple layers, Maria ... and the rainbowtised cake ... wow, it's a stunner ... and so pinned! Hugs, Anita :)

Kim Heggins said...

Your cakes are stunning...maybe you were a baker at one point? Love the elegant look you created. Love you beautiful sky too!

Marybeth said...

You have done wonders with this cake image,Maria!!!!! Both look absolutely delicious!!!!

Cris G. said...

Fabulous cards, Maria! Love the vibrant coloring on the "rainbowtized" card, and the monochromatic elegance on the 2nd!

Kylie said...

Beautiful cards. I love those pop of colours. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Viv said...

Such beautiful cards Maria, love the pretty colouring and that stamp is to die for! Thank you for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

Loll said...

LOVE the rainbow cake, Maria! Those colours are so vibrant and beautiful. xx

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous, both of 'em!

Shona Chambers said...

Well, you know I love rainbows so this is totally up my alley!! Love the simple stamped image with the pops of colour, its so clean and simple. And the pink ombre of the second card is so beautiful, makes me quite hungry actually. I'm so very happy to see you at Happy Little Stampers!!

Aileen said...

Ahhh Maria I do so love a rainbow especially when its amongst a bouquet of flowers. Stunning love it. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT

Karen B. said...

What a fantastic play on the challenge! Your cake cards are just lovely, especially the rainbow one. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge!

donna mikasa said...

Seriously in love with your rainbow cake! Congrats on the HM at C9!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...