Monday, July 31, 2017

zigs clean color and bristol smooth

I'm a believer!

You may remember this post where I grieved about watercoloring with Zig Clean Color Brush pens. My results always seemed so heavy handed. I know many of you scribble the Zigs onto an acrylic block and pick the color up to paint with. But I wanted to make the pen to paper thing work, ya know? Eliminate a step.

This Bristol paper is the answer. Its smooth nature makes moving and blending the color with a water brush pretty darn easy.

Here's my first example. I couldn't resist pulling out the pink and yellow to color this STAMPlorations In Bloom Plumeria when I googled and found this photo.

image source

Added a light and sweet sentiment from Avery Elle Oh Happy Day and voila!

Tomorrow I'll share my second card from this crafting session. Have a good day!

8 comments:

Hannelie said...

Beautiful Maria! I always do the scribble on acrylic block thing. Should try this Bristol paper. Thanks for sharing!

Craft-E-Place said...

Stunning!
Elaine

Anita in France said...

Wow ... so striking, Maria ... and beautiful, the blending of the watercolour is wonderful! Been musing on Bristol paper too ... thanks for the rousing recommendation! Hugs, Anita :)

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Maria, this is GORGEOUS! I'm glad that you found the right paper and that you shared that information with us! I have ZIGS I need to learn how to use, also! Hugs!!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...simply stunning!

Darnell said...

Great tip for all of us, Maria! You certainly did a brilliant plumeria painting!! Hugs, Darnell

Vickie Z said...

It's gorgeous!

shirley-bee said...

Fab result! I need to try out Bristol board.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...