Sunday, September 24, 2017

fractile leaves

Hi! It's been awhile but I'm back after spending several wonderful weeks back in MI with Dad. He's keeping on, keeping on. How lucky we are!

Time though to hit my craft space and dig in to these groovy stamps, from the SSS Stamptember fun, with an even cooler name. Fractile Leaves. Would never have thought of that myself, but what a great description!

For this first card I went for an abstract "cascade" background using all the different leaf images and three different shades of yellow inks. It's kinda hard to see the lightest yellow unfortunately.


Finished my design off with a die cut You and a sentiment from You and a big red heart.


For my second card I paired the modern look of the stamps with a traditional layout. Love the dynamic of only using a partial image.


Heat embossed the leaves and a sentiment from Thoughtful Messages to complete the birthday card.

Both cards were inspired by the colors from The Heart Desires challenge. Happy Fall y'all!


7 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Awesome cards, Maria! Glad you had a nice visit with your dad, and nice to hear that he's hanging in there. Those leaves are amazing!! I love them both, but especially your second one. I think you've got a winner...yep, gonna say it....Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Bev

Anita in France said...

Good to have you back after your lovely visit, Maria ... and to hear your Dad is keeping on keeping on ... thinking of you both. A fabulous duo ... such luscious leaves ... both in the delicate cascade version ... and in that gorgeous gold against the bold colours! Yum! Hugs, Anita :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Welcome back, Maria! Glad to hear that your dad is hanging in there! It's hard to be so far away when your parents get older, isn't it?
Love those leaves and how you showcased them!

Toni said...

both cards are gorgeous! Glad to see you playing along with THD again!

Cris G. said...

Great cards, Maria! I especially love your second card. Colors are perfect for the season, and yes... I just love the modern look and partial gold embossed leaves! Fabulous to know that your Dad is well!

Kara Lynne said...

Two beauties! I love that you paired cascading and ombre together for those wonderful leaves, and the vibrant fall colors with the gold are gorgeous!

SugarGem said...

Both of your cards are beautiful. I really love the color blocks. Thank you for joining us at The Heart Desires Challenge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...