Wednesday, December 14, 2016

ARTplorations stencil blog hop - day 1


Welcome to the blog hop featuring some of the fantastic ARTplorations stencils from the shop over at STAMPlorations. Today is day number one, but there will be inspiration coming at you for the next week, so be sure to check it out.

If you're not hopping, but would like to, you can find all the info here. SOOO much inspiration. You really should check it out.

I used Stained Glass for today's project and let the name itself inspire me. On a side note, we have some gorgeous Marc Chagall stained glass windows in Mainz and I love them. If you come visit me, chances are good I'll take you there.  Just sayin'. They definitely influenced my project today.


This stencil has large open areas for a maximum burst of color. I took advantage of that. Inked with blues, turquoises and purples and then applied Versamark ink. Removed the stencil and applied clear embossing powder and heat set it. Then I applied Delicata gold pigment ink to color the remaining white spaces. Emboss resist, ya know? And did it look like stained glass? Not so much.

Not about to do it all again, I pulled out MFT black hybrid ink and sponged it on over the gold. Which didn't turn it black, but it toned down the yellow tint. Pure black from the get go might have yielded the best results, but I kinda like the pewter effect I achieved - even the "highlighted" areas where I applied less of the black. So meet my stained glass panel!


I chose the sentiment from Christmas Flower, keeping with the stained glass windows in a church feel of my project. Heat embossed it onto a black strip with WOW Metallic Gold Rich Ultra High. Amazing stuff as long as your image/sentiment isn't too detailed.

Adhered a tiny strip of gold foil CS below the sentiment strip and adhered the panel askew on my black cardbase. Because Chagall. Flying goats, ya know?

Thanks for visiting. I hope you'll check out more stencil inspiration over at STAMPlorations.

18 comments:

Melissa L. said...

This is beautiful, Maria. :)

Tink said...

Love all the colors!! I so need to order some stencils!!

Ruth said...

St Stephan's in Mainz is a magical place. The day I visited some years ago now it was sunny and the windows just shone in blue. Never seen anything like it. My friend was so bemused by my awe and wonder - one day I will go back! I love your stained glass and I'm glad you ddnt start it over again. The pewter is more like the lead on a stained glass window. Xx

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word this is so eye catching in the link up!! Love the vibrant colors and your idea with the embossing is brilliantly done!! Thanks for sharing! :) (I must give this a try!!)

Becca Cruger said...

The vibrancy of your colors combined with the offset panel make this one special, unique card!

Pink Unicorn said...

Ooooh, I just looove the colours you used. Gorgeous!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Such luminescence and brilliant coloring!

Tanja said...

you really used my favorite colors on this one

Craftyfield said...

It looks pretty good with the pewter "leading" but, yes, it might look more authentic with black, one to try...

Dee Earnshaw said...

Wow the colors you have used make this card 'sing' to me LOL:)

Mary Holshouser said...

The gold bordering is beautiful.
Love the shading of the colors.
thanks for sharing a wonderful card.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

love the stained glass effect!

McStamper said...

What a great idea. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card.

JenniferE said...

Just beautiful! Love the colors!

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

beautiful card :)
cheers
preety

Helen Gullett said...

Maria, that is one festive card with the stencil, Maria. Great colors with the gold embossing.

Anita in France said...

What a gorgeous glow from those beautiful blue hues, Maria ... this is just beautiful! Hugs Anita :)

Sue D said...

Beautiful stained glass card. I like the pewter look you achieved.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...